Freehold Art Exchange (FAEx) accepts residency applications on a rolling basis.
To apply, please email email@example.com with the subject line “WORK/TRADE APPLICATION//YOUR NAME” or “FEE-BASED APPLICATION/YOUR NAME” with the following items attached:
- Artist’s up-to-date CV (PDF only)
- A short statement (500 words max) detailing what you intend to work on during the residency. (PDF only)
- A short artist statement (500 words max) (PDF only)
- 10 images of your work (Low resolution: 72 dpi, up to 5” wide) (JPEG or PDF) Files should be named with the following format: “1.firstname.lastname.title”
- Numbered Slidelist, including Title, Name, Dimensions, Medium, Year completed.
- Preferred time period to complete the residency. (i.e. July-Sept 2013 or Jan-Mar 2014)
- List of skills for Work/Exchange Residency (if applicable)
- Links to video (if applicable). Do not attach video files!
- Links to audio samples (if applicable). Do not attach audio files!
- Writing samples (if applicable, PDF attachment only)
- Link to website (if applicable)
We do not accept hard copy applications at this time.
NOTIFICATION OF RESULTS:
All applicants will be informed of their application status via email within eight weeks of application. Please do not call or email to check up on your application unless it has been longer than eight weeks since you sent it. The Director of Programs will schedule residencies with accepted applicants for the upcoming year.
ALUMNI RETURN APPLICATON:
We do accept reapplication proposals with up-to-date CVs, statements, proposals, and images. However, we are committed to extend our work/trade residency to as many artists as possible. Returning applicants must apply for a Fee-Based Residency, which is $500 per week for the new housing facility, forthcoming in 2017. Your fee helps fund future residents, renovations, and programming costs.